Friday, July 8, 2022

Planning Ahead

 Another week over and tomorrow is the start of the weekend.  Our Heritage Home (museum) is having its annual community event tomorrow with lots of activities for everyone.  The big attraction is the firefighter's challenge.  Individual firemen compete against each other doing tasks like climbing a ladder and rescuing a person, replacing equipment in the truck etc.  It is a fun and interesting look into what they face when they get called to a fire.

A lot of our firefighters are volunteers which mean always being ready to go no matter if you are in the midst of a celebration, family event or meeting.  You get a call, you go.

I have had a busy day.  I did a bit of gardening; pulling weeds, moving some plants and setting out a few more lawn ornaments.  I am going to be planting some thyme ground cover.  I want it to take the place of our lawn as, once it gets established, hubby won't have to cut grass.  I keep trying to plan for when we aren't able to do some of the usual chores.  With a bit of planning, I am hoping we can stay in our home until we pass away.  That may sound gruesome to some people but after seeing how elderly friends and relatives exist in care facilities, I am going to do everything possible to avoid the same fate.

I got some more work on my charity quilt and finished a chapter of my book.  The weather has been really nice 18-21 C which makes it so much nicer to get things done.,

Have a great weekend,

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment