Thursday, May 5, 2022

Beans and Corn

 Happy May.  Tis the season of warmer weather, spring flowers returning birds and a lot more work.  Today, I raked the lawn, got the ornaments out, put up one of the hummingbird feeders  and trimmed the dog. Still have a lot more to do but, as hubby says, I am pacing myself.

At quilt group on Monday, one of the ladies showed a top she is completing. Another lady liked it so much that she wanted to make it as well.  So, I volunteered to find the pattern and instructions.  Of course, I forgot the name of the block.  I thought it was chicken something but, it turns out, that it is beans and corn.  Betty did hers with a solid centre block and only two  main colours which I think looks really nice.

I always think this block looks like the CBC (our national broadcaster) logo. Here is a photo of one of the blocks in Betty's quilt.



We put the roof on our gazebo yesterday and most of the corners started to rip.  I fixed them with good old duck tape but I guess we will need another one next year.  The sun really weakens the fabric.
Just goes to show what it can do to our skin,
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment