Thursday, May 12, 2022

Ready to Garden

 Another week sliding past. I don't understand how I can get up on Monday morning and, later, when I go to bed, it is Thursday!

I have been slowly getting the gardening done although I am not planting anything just yet.  Hubby has the beds ready, tomato plants are indoors ready for the big move as our  geraniums.  We are supposed to get rain on the weekend so I might plant some of the hardier seeds tomorrow.  I am  growing carrots this year as well as beets, potatoes and two kind of beans.  I want to be able to freeze as much as possible  to use during the winter.  As grocery prices rise and some things are hard to find, I think we all should try and do what we can to prepare.  Fresh mushrooms were not available at the grocery store this week.  I will buy extra now when they are on sale and freeze them.  

I have started making a lap size scrappy quilt for a friend who is in a senior's residence.  Speaking of which, I am so thankful for my sister-in-law who oversees her mother's care,.  Mom is in a long term facility and it is a constant battle  seeing that she gets fed and receives the medical care she needs.  I am determined neither hubby or I will go into a care (care!!!) facility.

I think I mentioned that I had a lump removed from my face.  I was in to see the surgeon for follow up on Tuesday and he told me the results were that the lump was benign.  I figured it would be but it is always good to have things checked,

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment