Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Stress

Last week was a nasty one.  We got  news on Tues. morning that one of the ladies in our quilt group had died.  It was such a shock.  Of course, with covid we hadn't seen her since the end of March so, although she had been in ill health, we assumed that she was progressing.  While processing that, we received news that my mother-in-law was having problems.  She has been suffering from Alzheimer's for a number of years and, although the disease was progress, it was doing so slowly.  This in great part is due to my sister-in-laws great care of her mother. Early Sunday morning, we got a call saying she had fallen.  Fortunately nothing was broken but she is now in hospital and we wait to see what the next step will be.
Mixed in with all that has been an ongoing crisis with the family of one of my sister's.  They have been trying for weeks to get help for my great niece without any results.  All this stress added to that created by the pandemic proved to be too much and I have taken this week off.
I was supposed to be chairing the Art Clubs meeting tomorrow but the Vice President has stepped in and is doing a wonderful job of preparation and I know the members will give her all the support she needs.  In the meantime, I am sorting fabric.  I had been given two large amounts and they were just dumped into bins.  I have started sorting, washing and folding them before putting them in totes.  My shelves are full despite making tons of masks.  Nothing like running your fingers through fabric to ease the tensions.
I have done one more pass on the quilt that is on my frame and really need to get at that as I would like to make some baby quilts from the panels that were in one of the donations.
Hope your week has been a good one.
Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I picked up my mail this morning and the envelope from you was there. It may have been there for a few days as we tend to go for the mail only once or twice a week. Thank you. I will be interested to see how I use the squares.

    I am sorry you are having such a rough week. One of my high-school friends died early in this pandemic and I am still having difficulty accepting it.

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friend, Judy. I get so frustrated with people who are not taking the pandemic seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what loss is like. Sending you a hug and thrilled that you can relax with fabric. We are so lucky to be quilters xo

    ReplyDelete