Thursday, July 16, 2020

Good From Bad

It has been rainy and cooler today again so it was nice working in my studio.  I am just finishing an order for face masks for a family with a number of children, two of which have autism.  I am going to use the duck bill pattern for them so they don't have the fabric too close to their faces.  One of the biggest difficulties in masking masks for children is doing something they will want to wear.  I try to use fun fabric in colours they like.  For the little wee ones I add ties so Mom can fasten them behind the child's head.  They are likely to stay on longer than the ear loops.
Mr. Groundhog made a return visit to the back yard yesterday and our little Heidi made it aware that it wasn't welcome.  We have had far more animals around the house this year than any other.  In addition to the groundhog and the skunk I mentioned a while back, a porcupine has also been seen on the driveway and more varieties of birds than ever before.  Perhaps it is due to less human activity which is a real positive.
Speaking of good results from difficult situations, our internet reception has suddenly improved.  We think that it is possible a tree was causing problems.  None of the ones that came down in the storm on our property could have been the cause so I feel  it might be the huge one on my sister's land.  We haven't taken a close look at it but noticed last night when driving past that one has come down, roots and all. It would have been somewhere in line with the satellite.
It seems that many of my friends are taking advantage of the home time and doing renovations.  We are also doing some minor upgrades.  Have you been painting walls, adding new flooring or any other changes to your home?
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. We've definitely been doing some work around our house and the yard. I notice my neighborhood is looking pretty sharp all in all, I think a lot of people are finding they have time to spend on making improvements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Pamela. Gardens are taking on a new beauty this year and more are planting veggies than before.

      Delete