Tuesday, May 5, 2020

New Floor

Hubby and I were given quite a lot of laminate flooring that was taken from a neighbour's house that is being renovated.  I have been wanting to remove the carpet from the master bedroom and install laminate so this gift was very much appreciated.  As always with these projects, there is a lot of work.  First we had to find somewhere in the house to put the flooring.  We managed to stack the majority of it in the sunroom.  Next step will be to disassemble the bed in the guest room and stand it against the wall so we can use the space for the furniture from the master.
When it comes to the removal of the carpet and installing the new floor, we are hiring some friends.  Neither hubby nor I (definitely not I) are in any shape to do this.  I think we may just go away for a couple of days and come back to our new floor.  I think there may be enough of the laminate to do the second bedroom.  We will see how it goes.
I don't like carpeted floors.  I think they are dirty and anyone with breathing problems is not going to do well with them.  It has been great getting rid of the one in the living room and now the main bedroom is next.  The only room left with carpeting will be the guest room and we will probably leave that one.
I am hoping that the corvid 19 virus will have left by early June as we already have an overnight trip planned to our home town then.  If not, then whenever it gets done will be fine,
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment