Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Mother's Day


Despite the restrictions we are observing because of the pandemic, I had a good Mother's Day.  It wasn't what we planned but still good.  We originally were going to the farm where my mother in law lives with her daughter.  Our plans were to bring her something and visit  through the window.  However, it was too cold to do that so we did a video chat.   I had a nice surprise early Saturday morning.  Our church usually does brunch cooked by the men plus a little gift for each of the women on mothering Sunday.  I knew that, as we weren't meeting together, that it wouldn't happen this year.  Saturday, hubby was outside getting in some wood when I heard him talking to someone.  I wasn't feeling well so I just stayed on the couch.  Later when he came in, he retrieved the vase  in the photo above with the carnation flowers from the front porch where they had been left by one of the men.  All the women got one.  Such a lovely thought.



This bird house  was made by a friend and was my gift to me.   Bob has been doing a making and selling these houses so we are going to have a lot of happy birds in the area this year.


Isn't this little girl a little darling in her face mask?  Her grandmother who works in health care wanted some masks to protect the children and I was glad to make them for her.  I hadn't done one for anyone was young as this little princess so it was fun doing the little extras.  I put lace on the top edge and a tie to keep it on her head as I thought the ear elastic might be uncomfortable for her.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment