Monday, May 18, 2020

Gardening Time

Once you are retired, it is hard to keep track of what day you are on.  It is worse with the pandemic and not having the usual meetings and events to keep you on track.  This week it is even harder with the May 24th weekend held a week before May 24.  Not sure why that happened.  I know the holiday's official name is Victoria Day as we acknowledge the old Queen's birthday but it is supposed to be held on or close to May 24.  Not a biggy but disconcerting all the same.
I have finished the quilt that was on my frame as well as a number of additional face masks.  Have also been working on issues related to our local art group and it store.  I have been spending time  setting up an on line store through our web site (bfacc.org) as well as overseeing some other issues.  I enjoy doing that as it helps to remind me that this virus and it related problems are just temporary.
Apparently, nature has gone along with this being the Victoria Day weekend and has cooperated with the weather.  The 24th is traditional sign that we can plant our gardens but it is warm enough to get them done now.  I am still a bit hesitant about putting the tomato plants in the ground but everything else has been done.
We are going to try growing Brussel sprouts this year so will see how they do.  Have you planted your garden yet?
Blessing,

No comments:

Post a Comment