Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Three More Sleeps

I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed today.  There isn't a lot of things to do before we leave for our mini holiday but just enough that my mind keeps running over it.  I have decided to leave the decorating until I get and not worry about getting the sewing machine working either.  My mind is more focused on dear friends who are having a rough time with ill health and other concerns right now.
I did finally get the guest room cleaned up.  Oh, the stuff that had been tossed in there....I now have a new quilt on the bed and all is ready for any guest that might wander by.  I made some chocolate drop cookies to take with us for the grandchildren and want to make something for myself.  The hotel breakfast does not extend to gluten free so I will take my own stuff.  I always take a large bottle of water when I travel as non well water upsets my stomach.  Our tablets will be going so we can keep in touch with everyone and at least one book.  We will have time after the evening meal to relax and unwind.  Our grandparental aging bodies will have to have time to recover each day after walking  everywhere (which I really enjoy).
Tomorrow have a bit of shopping to do to make sure our house and critter sitter has lots to eat.  A few snacks may make there way into the luggage as well.
Three more sleeps.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment