Thursday, December 12, 2019

Grandchildren.

We had a lovely few days visiting with our grandchildren and their parents in Toronto.  I hate leaving home so it was hard to focus on the purpose of the trip rather the knowledge I was leaving home.  It is difficult saying good-bye to our dog as well as I insist on believing she has the same feelings as a human.  We are fortunate that we have a neighbour who was staying at the house to look after her and the chickens so I really did know that Heidi was in good hands.
We found the address for our hotel easily but couldn't see the building itself.  We drove around and around the block and finally stopped and phoned them.  We were in the correct place but the hotel name was high up on the building rather than at street level.  Frustrating.  However, our room was clean and comfortable so all was okay. And the kids were waiting for us.
During our stay, we went to the CN Tower, Ripley's Believe It or Not Aquarium and the Zoo as well as Kensington Market.  We walked and walked and walked.  According to my watch, I did an average of 9,000 steps a day.
Of course, being with the children was our main focus and we did spend a good bit of time in our room doing crafts and talking.
I took a ton of photos with my phone but don't have them loaded yet.  Will share them when I do.
The children's flight to the Bahamas left at 4 in the morning so we didn't see them Tues. morning.  All our good-byes had to be said the night before.  We left Toronto at 9.30 and got home 4 hours later.  We were tired, glad to be home and sad to know we wouldn't be seeing the children for another year.
Trying to get into routine and count our blessings for the few days we did have,
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment