Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Weather Woes

Ontario is experiencing a nasty ice storm.  I had to go into the village today just after lunch and it was still fine here but it started to rain on the way home and, as the temperature dropped, so did the road conditions.  I was home before any problems started.  In fact, it didn't get bad here until after supper.  My son is a truck driver and I always worry more during these days.  I called him later in the afternoon but didn't get an answer so I expect he was being safe and, even with hands free, wasn't answering.
The excitement amongst those of us who are Island Batik Ambassador's is mounting.  Our packages of lovely fabric are being sent so we are all impatiently awaiting their arrival.  Mine will be one of the last as I am the lone Canadian representative but, this year, we have an Ambassador from Norway so I expect she will receive hers last.
Our challenge for the month of February is valentine related.  I will post mine on the beginning of the week.  I still  have lots of fabric left from last year so will use it.

I hope that if you live in the area affected by the freezing rain that you made it safely home.  Also I am not sure if I have followers in New Orleans but perhaps you know someone there so my thoughts are with those who have been devastated by the tornadoes.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. We have been having some freezing rain here in Oregon this winter too. I have truck drivers in my family too, so I feel your worry. We can only hope that as professionals, they consider their safety with every move. The cold, yucky weather is a good excuse to hunker down and get some quilting done though. :)

    ReplyDelete