Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Building Woes

I have been helping my husband with more of the inside work on my new quilt studio.  Those of you who have gone through the renovation process will know how much fun (!) it can be.  My husband and I work together much better than when we were first married but we still have the occasional huffy moment.  However, we are making progress and, for the most part, enjoying working together.
He has gone to Huntsville now to return excess insulation and get more of the boards we need for strapping.  You always seem to have too much of one thing and not enough of something else although it is most frequently the latter.
I am sure those who build for a living have everything worked out to the last nail but we poor 'do it yourselvers' spend a lot of extra money on fuel.
Doesn't that remind you of your early quilting days?  I continually had to figure out how to add a different fabric to my original plan as I didn't have enough and, naturally, my fabric was no longer in the stores.  That is one of the downfalls of having a stash; you can't add to a particular fabric because it is no longer in stock.
I am sewing my maple leaf quilt rows together now so am making progress on that.  I may get it done within my deadline yet.
 I hope you enjoyed the two lots of autumn photos I posted yesterday.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment