Friday, June 7, 2024

Last Steps.

 My long arm is working and I finished quilting my tonal customer quilt.  I now just have the binding to do.  It is so nice to have my Gracie working again.  I changed the thread once more and also the needle.  This time, I used one of the ones that came with the machine.  It was a size 18 and I had a 16 in the machine.  When all that was finished, I tried sewing once again.  And it sewed without any thread breakage!  I guess my machine appreciates a larger needle so it will get its wish from now on.

On Monday, I had the  privilege to teach my quilt pattern to our local quilt group.  Everyone picked it up quickly and created some lovely work.

Here are the last steps. The first 2 photos show the two squares, how to mark, place together and cut.

The last photo is how to join the blocks.  This is the tricky part.  You may have to print this photo or the one from the previous blog to use as a guide.  The basic steps are:  place one square with white corner pointing  to the upper left, next is lower right and repeat.

Fabric right sides together, marked side on top.  Stitch to right of line keeping as close as possible.



                      Cut lower right corner 1/4 inch from stitched line.  Repeat for all squares.




                                               Sew squares together following instructions.


Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment