Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Sticker Shock

 While grocery shopping today and looking for a decent crossword book, I saw a quilt magazine that looked interesting.  I haven't bought one in ages and, in fact, got rid of all the ones I had except the ones I write/wrote for.  Sometimes, though, it is nice to be able to browse through someone else's ideas but, when I saw the price, I changed my mind.  When did they get so expensive?  I used to be able to buy a hard covered book for that price.  I like to be able to support all publications but I also like to be able to eat, buy fabric and feed our pets.

Speaking of pets, our Heidi is getting better all the time.  She rarely limps at all now although I still have to watch when I take her for a walk in case she get tired.

We are going to be spending Easter Sunday with hubbies family.  It will be nice to see how the little ones are growing and catch up on all the news.  We are taking our little orphan chick with us (as well as the dog) as one of the nephews is interested in raising it.  He is wonderful with animals and even had a goose that walked on a leash.  Peep will have a great life.

If you are travelling this weekend, please stay safe.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment