Thursday, March 14, 2024

A Rocky Week

 We have had a rocky week.  Our little dog started going lame in her hind legs on Sunday and is still having problems.  Sometimes she is able to walk fine and the next, she is hopping on three legs.  I have a vet appointment for her and am hoping it is arthritis and can be treated.

As she will be 16 this August, we are prepared for deteriorating health but, as long as she isn't in pain, we will continue to do what we can for her.  We have also taken on the raising of a baby chick that was abandoned by her (I hope) mother.  She is in a cat carrier with food and water and a nest made of quilt batting.  She seems to be doing well.

I finally finished the quilt that was on the long arm frame.  My ability to follow a pantograph pattern improved enough as I neared the end that I am sure I will be able to do this again.  However, this quilt will be cut up into table runners and placemats.

I want to take the Q'nique and table apart and clean and rebalance everything.  Because the base is wood, it gets off kilter sometimes.

The weather here is warm and sunny.  We sat outside on the deck for a bit yesterday and I was able to walk through the bush.  I miss being able to take Heidi and hope she will be mobile enough to go again soon.

Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Heidi's problems. Hopefully, there will be medication to help her. Getting old is for the birds, as we all know.

    ReplyDelete