Thursday, March 21, 2024

Half a Bird Brain.

 Thank you for your kind comments about Heidi dog.  She is getting better.  I take her for a short walk each day on easy terrain.  The hardest part is trying to keep her from moving to fast.  She doesn't know she is old so I don't think I should tell her.  However, I don't want her to strain that leg either.

It seems that there is always something happening.  Yesterday, I was doing something in the kitchen when I heard a loud bang.  The large living room window had popped out and was leaning against the couch.  Went over to see what had caused that and saw a large bird laying on the deck.  Hubby said it was a partridge.  Apparently, it didn't see the glass.  It took a bit to get the back in place and secure and then I swept all the dirt that was behind and under the couch before getting everything back in place.

We have a feeder on the window but it is far too small for a bird the size of a partridge but, apparently, it didn't notice that.  I always say that if you had a dozen partridge in a group they would equal half a bird brain.  Speaking of birds our little chicken has doubled in size and doing very well.

It is nice and sunny today although cool.  I have a lady in doing some housework for me today as I can't keep up with that and get my writing and quilting done.  Even having someone once a month is a big help.  If I quit spending money on doodads, I can afford it.

I have one block of my customer quilt done as well as the fabric cut so am making headway.  Lots of half square triangles so I have to be extra careful that all the points  and seams line up.

Enjoy your day,

blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment