Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Blessed are the Children.

 Our temperatures have really dropped.  It was close to 30 a few days ago and now, at 10.30 a.m., it is 9C.  Hubby wondered if we should turn up the thermostat but I opted for an sweater.  It will warm up as the day goes on and, really, I do prefer the cooler temperatures.

We had a lovely day at the Burk's Falls Village Quilter's group yesterday.  One of the ladies brought her granddaughter and what a lovely young lady she is.  She is 14 and have the grace and social skills rarely seen in someone much older.  I think we all would have gladly adopted her.  We do hope that she will come as often as possible.

On the opposite end of the age scale, the daughter of one of the other ladies drops in with her daughter and many grandmotherly noises follow the little one.  She is a beautiful little moppet and adds a lot of joy to our day.

Making children welcome at a quilt group is, I think, important to the continuing success of our craft.  If these young people have a good experience being around us, it will carry on with them as they grow.

I wish I had had that wisdom a number of years ago when I had a group in Edmonton.  One woman often brought her daughter and the rest of the ladies really preferred a child free environment.  I discovered some time later that the reason Mom brought her daughter was because her husband was abusive and she was afraid to leave the little one at home with him!  We all need to be very sensitive to the horrid reality that not all people have happy healthy homes.  

I finished a customer quilt and have the top of another nearly finished.  I am also back working on my hand quilted top.


Thank you to those who responded to my query about whether you liked the wrinkled or smooth look for a top.  The answers were even for both.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment