Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Last Minute Preperations.

 I am back.  Our granddaughter went  home yesterday so we are now trying to adjust to not being hugged all the time and learning what a T pose is.  It was lovely having her here as it gave us time to get to know her.  Hubby and I Facetime with her and her brother each week but that, naturally, doesn't really give you much info into who they really are as people.

It has been a long time since I've been a parent (my son is 53) and I am amazed at the different lives young people live now.  It isn't just the amount of computer time they have but they relaxed attitude toward how they choose to identify themselves.  Our granddaughter has chosen her own name and, at the moment is non gender. She doesn't use pronouns to describe herself which I can't manage to remember.

She is still very confident, affectionate and willing to learn.  I firmly believe that those are the qualities which will help her grow into a successful and happy adult.

I am now back to quilting and getting ready for our fall fair.  I never seem to get things done in advance so will be working on my entries right up to the last minute.

I hope you all have been well.  My prayers are with all those affected by the forest fires.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment