Tuesday, January 24, 2023

New Design Wall


 The first month of the year is almost over and it will be ground hog day in a week.  It has taken me a while to accept that winter is actually here this year as the weather has been so changeable.  At the moment, it is snowing and the sky is gray.  Yesterday, the sun was shining and the snow melting.

Do you have a design wall?  It is one of those items that make designing a quilt top so much easier but not everyone has space.  I have read of many solutions to not having free wall area.  A fabric covered sheet of plywood, left over paneling, or any other thin, non bendable material would do. I am fortunate to have a wall that I can use.  I am in the process of altering so it functions better.  Someone gave us large, acoustic ceiling tiles.  I am stapling them to the wall and will then cover the base with a flannel backed tablecloth (wrong side out).  The flannel will hold pieced blocks but if I want to display a finished row or two, I can use straight pins which will hold them securely. The photo shows most of the tiles in place.  I just need one more in the corner.  I am probably going to need to buy a tablecloth as the one I have is too small.  Can't wait to get the pieces for my latest design on the wall.

I just got back from taking Heidi for a walk.  I didn't put her bootees on because it isn't cold.  However, the snow was packy and she ended up with snowball feet.  Had to put her in the kitchen sink with some warm water to free her tootsies.

She got an extra treat for cooperating as it was my fault.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment