Wednesday, October 12, 2022

A New Pet.

 We have a new family member.  We have, for a long time, discussed the idea of getting a cat.  I love kitty cat's and still miss our Tascha that left us when he was 18 years old.  There were a lot of reasons why we shouldn't get one.  We have a dog.  Hubby is allergic.  I didn't want cat hair on my quilts.  Cleaning up kitty litter is not fun.

Then I saw this lovely ginger cat advertised as being available at a rescue.  He was a senior (12) and as we are also, he wouldn't cost anything.  We filled out the application, were approved and made an appointment to pick Tigger up.

When we got to the shelter and I went through all the do's and don'ts, I took the carrier back to see our new cat.  Turned out Tigger was a long hair and not very friendly.  He bit me and drew blood. After looking at a number of other cats, I found a little female who was a ginger with white paws and bib.  She is now our kitty and learning to adjust to her new home.  She is very friendly.  Our dog loves her, Ally is a bit more reserved about her feelings but doesn't try to scratch or bite. She hardly sheds at all.

I am so looking forward to being able to cuddle with her and spoil her with lots of toys.  She doesn't seem to know what to do with the one that I have given her, but I am sure that will change.

So, now in addition to seeing photos and stories about our Heidi, I will be adding Ally to the blog.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment