Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Designing As You Go

Since hubby broke his ankle a month ago, my time for quilting has been greatly reduced.  It seems there is always something to be done.  It might be something as simple as seeing he has a cup or tea or glass of water or more involved like tending the chickens or bringing in wood.  I am not complaining.  He is my dear hubby and well worth any effort it takes to allow him to heal but (there is always a 'but') I do miss being able to quilt.  It is particularly difficult when there are deadlines to be me-as there always is when you sell your work.
Having said all that, I certainly could make better use of the free time I have.  I came into the studio after watching the news and sat down at the computer.  I checked my email, a u tube video and then played a game.  At least some of that time could have been spent behind the sewing machine and that is what I am going to do as soon as I finish this.
I did make a large pot of chili today so will have a few quick meals in the freezer.  Our weather has stayed nice for quite a few days but I really do need to get outside and start preparing for winter.  I want to get some of the seeds from the sunflowers as well before the birds get them all. That is on my Saturday schedule.  We have chickens that are going on to their next phase on Monday so we have to pick up crates and get them ready to be taken.  Not going to be my favourite activity but it has to be done.
I have been working on something different as a quilt which I will be sharing with you soon.  It is a design as you go table top and it is interesting seeing how it is coming together.  It is octagon shape so I am not sure how the borders are going to work yet but I do have an idea.  I will let you know what happens.
Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment