Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More Retreat Photos

An Applique Lesson
Pincushions



These are the final photos I will share from the retreat. The first picture shows the ladies getting a lesson in the backbasting method of applique from our group expert.  This was something I was particularly interested in and, although I usually learn by reading, it really does help seeing something 'alive' especially when you can ask questions. 
The second photo is a couple of pincushions I received.  I collect unusually shaped pincushions and was thrilled to have these to add to my collection.  The flower shaped one was in our goody bag along with a number of other things.  The fabulous batik chicken was given to me by one of the participants.  I had brought a machine for her to use as she was arriving by plane and this was her thank you gift. 
The chicken looks like it is smirking.  It will have a prominent place on my shelf. Quilter's are the nicest people, aren't they?
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment