Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Disaster

I have been making good progress getting my quilt top stitched and thought I would have it done for this weekend.  However, it now may take another week.  Last night the base of the hopper (free motion) foot snapped right off.  It looks as though it had been held in place by a spot weld so that must have weakened from use.
It is an odd thing to have happened especially from this machine which is classed as an industrial.  Juki's are really hard working, tough machines so this may be a flaw with this particular foot.
It shouldn't be hard to replace it but am going to have to wait for it.  A repair shop in North Bay may have one and I can drive up to get it.  Otherwise, I am going to have to wait until one is sent from Montreal.  In the meantime, I will work on another top that I have started.
My husband bought a new chainsaw yesterday and he is out happily cutting up wood.    The man should be wore down to a frazzle as he is always working on something!  I will have to take a photo of the lady gnome he made to show you.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment