Thursday, October 26, 2017

Creativity Combined









The October challenge for Island Batik Ambassadors was to make a quilt using something other than strips for the border.  I was really looking forward to doing this as I have been wanting to be more adventuresome in  my borders for some time.  I have used a bit more creativity in my bindings but not borders.



Some of the Ambassadors also received some lovely medallion fabric designed by Leah Day.(leahday.com)  We were asked to make a quilt featuring it.  I decided to combine the two challenges into one quilt  This table topper uses the four medallion blocks and then I echoed some of the designs in applique.
For the border I used Prairie Points.  They form both the border and binding. I thought the hexagon shape would be a challenge but everything worked out perfectly.  I admit, that was more accident than planning.
I am keeping this topper for myself.  I use a lot of runners, place mats and toppers  so this will be a nice addition.
Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment