Friday, October 20, 2017

Amazing Weather

Hubby is getting a bit more independent and, now that our chicken flock has been reduced, I have more free time.  However, I have gotten used to being on the go all the time that I find it hard to sit and quilt or work on the computer.  I have done a lot of baking, worked in the garden and  refilled the holder for the chicken feed.  I even got most of the table topper quilted today.
I wasn't sure how I wanted to do it as my goal was to have the designs on the medallion fabric  stand out.  I decided to do, what I call, lover's knots in the design spaces.  These knots are small curls like little knots.  A looser meandering stitch is done around the outside of the medallions.  I believe I have achieved the look I want.  Just 3 blocks to go.
Our weather is still quite mild for the time of year and it is hard to stay inside.  I have a lot of plans for next years flower garden so am digging up areas that didn't do well this year.  I never bought any spring bulbs this fall as it was one of those things that just had to be left undone.  I have been successful in taking cuttings from a geranium and getting those started indoors so am hoping to be able to plant them outside in the spring.
Another weekend is around the corner.  We are almost in November and I think I am going to be able to hang my clothes out tomorrow.  Amazing.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment