Wednesday, December 2, 2015

To the Pond and Back

I know I have said this numerous times before but I really dislike shopping-especially grocery shopping.  It doesn't seem fair that I have to spend so much time doing something I dislike and then having to pay for it.
Hubby and I went to Huntsville just after nine this morning and got home when it was nearly two.  We did get quite a lot done and I remembered everything on my list so it was a successful trip.
I have more or less puttered for the rest of the day: got supper, did a bit more decorating, watched the news.  I need to get back at some sewing now.
Although I was tired, I went I took Heidi out for her walk at the usual time.  I wasn't going to bother but, I swear that dog can tell time and I defy anyone to resist the soulful eyes of a pet they love.  We went through the bush and, what started out to be a short jaunt, turned into a lengthy walk along the ridge, down to the pond and back up the hill on one of the trails.  The fall leaves covered the ground and, although it wasn't slippery, it looked as though it was in spots.  There is, of course, a lot of undergrowth to either go around or over and Heidi's leash got tangled a number of times. 
I came home feeling invigorated and in a much better mood.  I love walking through the bush and it is a good workout because of the deep slope down to the pond.  If I went over the bridge to the other side, I would then get to climb up another very steep hill.  I usually stay on this side, however, as that is enough of a workout.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment