Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Getting Caught Up

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving.  Our was one to remember.  A number of neighbours gathered at the home of a couple that live across the road from us and we celebrated together.  Everyone contributed to the feast and there was more than enough for everyone.

The day felt very special to me and a reminder of the first celebration.

I am almost caught up with my work.  I have some more gardening to do but am waiting for it to warm up and quilt raining.  Two things have contributed to me getting things done.  The Blue Jays have been eliminated from the play offs which means a couple hours of television watching finished.  Also, both my writing jobs have suddenly ended.  I have been doing the newspaper column for ten plus years and the magazine for nearly 15.  To have both publications shut down at almost the same time is odd and, I will admit to feeling disappointed. However, I can now focus more time on my book.  I need to get it finished as I have another one ready to go.

I had a nice day of quilting on Monday and am almost finished the top of one of the memory quilts.  Hubby is doing well and no longer has to use the walker in the house.  He is gradually being able to do more and more which means I have less and less. 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment