Thursday, November 19, 2020

Mini Challenge

  This week didn't start out the way I would have hoped.  In the middle of Sunday afternoon, our hydro went out.  We were in the midst of a bad windstorm and the trees around us were swaying so wildly that I e4xpected at least one to come crashing down.  the hydro company said our power would be back on at 6 p.m.  It wasn't nor did we have electricity on Monday or Tuesday until  3 p.m..  I found afterwards that the effects of the wind covered a large area all around us.  It took longer to get our power restored than in most areas but we were just thankful when it did.

I am now caught up on housework and emails, have half finished the binding on one quilt and have another that only needs another pass or two before it comes off the frame.  I have also told hubby that we have to get our generator fixed.  I am getting too old for pouring water down the toilet to flush it.

I have a small challenge for anyone who would like a quick project. You have probably see scarves tied around trees and railings that are there for anyone that wants them. This is a similar idea. We all have long pieces of fabric left over from trimming etc. Braid 3 of these strips together and knot at either end. Drape them over a tree in your yard. Repeat until have covered as much as you can reach. Try to use bright fabrics. I think this touch of colour in your yard will be a great mood booster for passersby. You can also do this with ribbon or wool.

I would love to see your photos.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment