Friday, October 18, 2024

Do What You Can

 It wasn't easy but I have made a bit adjustment in my life.  I have been a member of the Burk's Falls Art and Crafts Club for many years.  I served in a number of areas and did very well in selling my products.  My greatest pleasure though were the members themselves.  In addition to being the most artistically gifted people I know, they are also very caring and encouraging.

As I have been experiencing some health changes lately which has left me with reduced energy and time, I decided it was time to cut back on some of my activities.  With that in mind, I have decided not to renew my BFACC membership.  It wasn't easy but I can still pop into the Legion on Wednesday and see everyone while they work.

The last of our summer company went home the middle of last week so hubby and I have our home to ourselves and the animals.  It has ben difficult to adjust from seeing family members every day to knowing they are, once more, thousands of miles away.  We have been very fortunate to be able to spend so much time with family so I am trying not to fuss.

We are still enjoy fall weather and colours so my daily walks are extra enjoyable.

I have a new favourite quote:  Do what you can, with what you have, right where you are. T. Roosevelt

Isn't that encouraging?

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment