Saturday, April 13, 2024

Stolen Quilts.

 Our Heidi went to the vet for her latest check up on Friday and she is doing really well.  It is great when  you feel that your Animal Hospital really cares about your pets.

I have been sewing a lot of half square triangles for my customer's quilt and, as you know, they have to be accurate or getting your seams right just doesn't work.  I have always used a 1/4 inch foot for quilting but I realized it wasn't always precise so I have gone to the machine setting.  That is working much better and I don't have to fudge the seams to get them lined up.  I am aiming to have this quilt done by the end of the month-or at least the top.  Then I have another one to finish.  That top is almost done so it shouldn't take too long.  In the meantime, I have started a simple one which will be put in a sale in June.  I also think I will make a couple of tea cozies as my last one was stolen.  I figure if they are theft worthy then they should be saleable.

Speaking of theft.  Doesn't it break your heart to hear that someone's beautiful quilt has been stolen.  They are always amazing works of art and represent many, many hours of labour.

I think it would be devastating.

This wall-hanging is one I made for a customer and it was stolen from her when she was moving.

We are getting snow again but not cold.  I am looking forward to doing some gardening so hope spring settles in soon.

I had a hyacinth plant given to my for my birthday.  Does anyone know it it can be replanted in the garden?

Happy sewing,

blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment