Thursday, April 18, 2024

Staying Focused

 It is amazing what a person can accomplish if they stay focused.  Thursday is hubby's turn to get supper and as I didn't have any appointments, I decided I was going to focus on getting some blocks done for the customer quilt.  It takes a fair bit of time to do each as she wants each block to have different colour choices.  The centre of each block is the same as is the background but the rest differs.  

The block consists of half square triangles and you know how finicky they can be to make to the exact measurement and then sew so that the seams line up.  I have found that setting my machine to sew a 1/4 inch seam rather than using a special foot works much better.  Other than trimming the wings, there has been little to no adjusting.

I was even able to get a couple of rows done on the quilt that is on the frame and as well as my exercises done.

We have had a gray drizzly day but the rain stopped by mid afternoon so I could take the dog for a walk.  I went along the road and then to my sister's property and saw that her neighbour had let all his construction garbage blow over to her side.  Why do people do that?  I don't understand thoughtfulness.


One of the blocks.  The center has been changed to fabric the same colour as this one but the pattern is hearts. 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment