Thursday, December 7, 2017

Fabric Post Cards.

It is amazing  what a new day brings. Thanks to some excellent advice from our knowledgeable neighbours, our Heidi is back to normal.  My mother- in-law is back at home with her daughter and my son's vehicle problem is being resolved.  Three answers to prayer in the same day!  In addition, hubby is feeling better.  He is no longer in severe pain and is sleeping better.
I made my Christmas cakes today. My mixer is very old and not strong enough to deal with the thick batter so I had to do it all by hand.  A lot of work and my neck was really sore by the time I was finished but the cakes turned out well.  I was able to adapt a recipe to make it gluten free.  I didn't make a cake last year as I hadn't been able to get one to turn out right.  I have a few other things to make but no rush on any of them.
We got a bit more snow today so I am once again able to use the sleigh when taking water to the chickens.  I am going to have to get a small wagon for the not snow times of the year.
A lady on our on- line group, Hearts to Hands, shared a link with instructions for making fabric postcards.  I keep intending to do these but have never got around to it.  I think I will do some in Christmas fabric and give them out instead of bought cards.  Will post a photo when I get one made.
Here is the link if you would like to give them a try: https://calidore.wordpress.com/2007/02/14/postcard-tutorial/
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the issues have been resolved. Christmas preparations are stressful enough without all the other problems.

    ReplyDelete