Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A Barrow of Pumpkins


Yesterday was so busy that I thought we had gone into another day part way through.  I got up quite early to get our chickens ready to go to market and then later in the afternoon there was a doctor's appointment and grocery shopping.  I got home in time to make supper and I was sure that it was Tuesday!

 Another photo of the oak tree in the front yard.  It is starting to put on a lovely display for us.
The weather was really nice so I got outside and dug some potatoes and gathered pumpkins.  There is, at least, another wheelbarrow full still in the garden.  Some are very green and may not ripen before frost but the majority are almost ready.  I told DH he needed to cut back on his pumpkin planting.  It is a lot easier sticking a few seeds in the ground that it is peeling, cutting, cooking and preserving.
We will be giving some away but at least one wheelbarrow full will end up in the freezer or jars.

We got the date for Heidi's surgery.  It will be on Oct. 30th.  I am not looking forward to it but she will be in and out in the same day so that is a good thing. 
Tomorrow we pick up our freezer ready chickens so I know what we will be having for supper.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment