Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Thunder Boomies

We were awoken by a severe thunderstorm this morning around 4.30.  The thunder and lightening were happening almost at the same time and it was a steady flash and bang for at least 3/4 of an hour when I went back to sleep.  The bedroom was lit up just as though it were daylight.  I thought the hydro might go out but it just flickered once and that was it.  It did trip the switch for my quilt room though. This morning, we had a bit more of the storm although not as bad and then it poured for the rest of the day.
I was able to get quite a bit of work done as I couldn't or wouldn't, go outside.  I was choosing and cutting fabric for the Quilt Pattern Magazine virtual retreat which happens next month.  Also made a large pot of zucchini soup which will give us something for lunch for a few days.
I do hope that now autumn is on the horizon that we will start getting more seasonable weather.  I am beginning to think our tomatoes aren't going to ripen at all.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment