Friday, May 26, 2017

Disappearing Pinwheel

I am not going to talk about the weather today except to say it is more of the same.
I did mange to plant some beets, spinach and tomatoes today.  Hubby did more tomatoes and some potatoes.  We may be finished by the fall.  My basil was getting water logged outside so brought the pots in and moved them to larger containers which I will keep inside.
On the quilting front:  added binding to a small wall hanging and now am finishing by hand, did a test block using the disappearing pinwheel pattern and don't like it as well as I thought I would.  I think it would be easier to just do the resulting pattern from the start.  Here is a link if you would like to check it out. www.patchworkposse.com/disappearing-pinwheel-quilt-block-tutorial/
I am starting to put together a design for my dear grandson's Christmas quilt.  It is going to have a large appliqued dinosaur in the middle and then blocks or strips around it.  Haven't decided just what as yet. 
I also need to work out a design for a baby quilt.  I have an idea scurrying around in my head so I need to do a few sketches to see what it might look like in fabric.
Happy Memorial Day weekend to my American readers and England is also having an extra day off so hope you also have some time to rest, be with the special ones in your life and to count your blessings.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment