Thursday, April 20, 2017

Pillowcase Blessings.

Quilters are wonderful.  I have been searching for 5.5 inch square of fabric to finish my granddaughters quilt and had just about come to the conclusion it wasn't going to happen.  I was considering some other options when I was contacted by a lady on a Facebook group.  She has the fabric.  Yahoo. 
While waiting for it to arrive, I am making some place mats as a gift. 
I noticed something the other day when watching the news which I will pass on as you may be looking for another charity project.  The item was about a Hospice centre and I noticed that the pillows on the bed were very colourful.  What a wonderful way to add a bit of cheer to a person's last days.  We have a wonderful hospice in this area and I think I will contact them to see if they will accept pillowcases.  Pediatric wards might be another place. A quick and easy way to bless someone.
We had 3 wild turkeys in our yard this morning.  Haven't seen any here for quite a while so it was good to see they had returned.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. When our Gran was in the nursing home, I made her several seasonal, bright pillowcases. she especially loved the flannel ones. They were so soft. At the end of her days, she loved soft things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found your fabric, Anna!!

    ReplyDelete