Thursday, March 9, 2017

Where oh Where is my Brain?

It appears that allergy season has arrived for me.  It is quite early this year but I guess the melting snow has triggered something.  My brain has felt like it went on a vacation today and forgot to take me.  This isn't a good thing when you are handling dangerous tools like a sewing machine or rotary cutter.  I was trying to be extra careful while at a friends house where we meet once a month to quilt. 
We were at the last stages of the quilt tops  and I was piecing stripes for the inner border.  After I added the last section for the first side, I removed it from the machine to check for length and that is when I discovered that I had neatly sewn the two ends together making a circle! It is easier for the deer to move around when we have less snow but it isn't fun for me.
I managed to get that border on without further problem and then quit.  It was almost time to leave so I thought it best to not push on any further.  I will have to recheck what I have done when I get a minute just to make sure I have sewn anything on backwards.
We had a real windstorm last night.  It woke us up a number of times and I fully expected the hydro to go out from a downed tree or the shingles to leave their appointed place.  However, we made it to the morning without problem.  The wind continued to make itself felt throughout the day but not as fiercely as before.  Parts of the United States were affected far more drastically.  If you are in one of those areas, I hope you came through safely.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. My allergies have been kicking me like crazy too. I keep asking myself why I'm in such a mess when we still have so much COLD and SNOW - clearly no mold or pollen. I have a new vacuum with a HEPA filter too and use it frequently. I find my allergies erode my energy levels too.

    ReplyDelete