Friday, March 24, 2017

Breathe!

Am I the only one who thinks the attention span of customer service people is getting shorter?  Particularly those in the fast food industry. When I order a tea, I usually say black tea, medium, leave the bag in, please, and it is to go.  The reply?  Anything in it? No, black please.  What size?  Medium. Here or to go? .
I know they have to punch it in and I know they are trying to be accurate but, really, could at least a couple of things that I said not be remembered? I have resorted to just standing there and replying to questions.  Less frustrating and quicker in the long run.
Maybe I am just getting old and grumpy but I sometimes feel that people (to quote my hubby) aren't getting their fair share of oxygen.
On a cheerier note: I finished another small project today and started on another.  They are both made with Island Batik fabrics.  Cheers a person up just looking at them. I also got a good start on the magazine article that has to be sent in by the end of the month.  I really do work better with a deadline looming.
I have mentioned previously that I am a member of the Burk's Falls Art and Crafts Centre.  We have a Facebook page and if you would like to see some wonderful fibre arts, creations in glass, paintings and many other items that will gladden the heart, take a peek.
For some reason, our rail fence seems to be attracting critters lately.  A few days ago the owl I photographed landed in a tree beside it.  This evening, a pair of deer were peering over the rails.  I didn't see them quickly enough to grab my camera unfortunately.
We have been getting a mixture of weather today.  It was raining in the morning which turned into freezing rain, back to rain which froze again and, finally, snow.  We have a few inches added onto the ice.  It does look pretty and we hadn't planned on going anywhere so we were snug.  I felt bad for those who were out on the roads though.  Many people in this area drive quite a distance to get to work.  Didn't see or hear of any collisions so I hope everyone made it safely back home.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment