Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Shopping Marathon.

I had a marathon shopping day today: groceries, some Christmas gifts and the fabric store.  Came home with a trunk load of stuff and some in the back seat.  Got everything put away and sat down with a cup of tea.  Why is it that shopping is so exhausting?  I did stop and have lunch which I normally don't do.  A salad and some bruschetta restored enough energy that I was able to finish the major part of the grocery shopping without wanting to just leave it and go home.
Hubby helped put everything away and, as I had already made a big pot of chili for supper, I have been able to take it easy for the rest of the day.
My issue of The Quilt Pattern Magazine (thequiltpatternmagazine.com) arrived in my in box so I have read that and am now printing off one of the patterns.  Barbara Douglas has created the cutest snowman quilt with full size patterns that will make a lovely gift.  I also printed, for future reference, Deanna Jameson's article on making your own quilt labels.
I need to get at making some fleece hats for our food bank.  I think I will look up a pattern for those this evening and get them done tomorrow.  Always lots to do but, at least, I have a house full of food to sustain me!  😄
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment