Thursday, September 22, 2016

A Mini Battle

Every so often, I check out the stats for my blog.  I like to see how many people read it per month on average and where they are located.  The majority of my followers are in the U.S. with Canada being second.  Others are in the United Kingdom and various parts of Europe.  I even have two from China and another couple in Poland. 
I find it very encouraging to know so many people find what I say worth reading.  I am not sure if those in non English speaking countries do read this language or if they use the translate feature but it tickles me no end to think of someone on the other side of the globe reading about our dog, chickens, my quilting and other happenings.
I am not sure why but I am even surprised to discover that people I know read this.  I recently had a comment from one of our sons and a former pastor.  My mental reaction was 'you read my blog!".

I mentioned yesterday that I had put some seeds in one of the bird feeders.  Today, I watched a small battle take place between a couple of chipmunks and a blue jay.  The jay was trying to get at the food but a little chippie was right inside the feeder.  He was yelling at it without a great deal of reaction.  When it did leave, another dashed in to take its place.  Every so often both of them would leave and zip around the ground and a tree trunk while the jay swooped in a grabbed a few seeds.  Then a chipmunk would return and the battle would start all over again.
I was surprised that the jay wasn't able to chase them off as they are pretty aggressive birds.
By the way, why do we usually find chipmunks cute but not squirrels?
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment