Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Other Side of the Hill

We humans are odd creatures.  A couple of months ago, I was too busy to quilt.  My days were filled with bringing in fire wood, tending chickens and trying to keep up with my regular household chores.
I treasured the few minutes that I was able to grab in the evening to do a little cutting or piecing.  Then, as my husband started to recover from the operation, my responsibilities lessened and my free time grew but, I just didn't have the desire to quilt.  I did little bits and pieces but I didn't crave time in the studio.  It has taken a few weeks but I am, once again, feeling that draw to create with fabric and, of course, I am up to my ears with appointments.  I am not as busy as before though so I am getting things done.  I just have a few more inches to sew to complete the binding on a lap quilt.  I have single size bed quilt loaded onto the frame and am plugging away at those dratted blocks of the day again.
I wonder why we are like that-always wanting the opposite of what we have.  Or, am I the only one with that problem.  I don't think so .  I believe that draw to the other side of the hill is pretty strong in most humans.  It is probably what helped us discover fire, other countries and invent things like the phone.
I do also enjoy the contentment of doing what I love and having time to do it as long as I want.  And that is how my life unfolds most days.  As I have said many times before, I am blessed.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment