Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Friendly Group

We are going through another hot spell but I did get some things done this morning while it was cooler.  I took Heidi for a nice long walk and picked some lupin seeds to plant in the fall.  Then I tidied up my cutting and ironing tables so I can actually see the surface again.  The rest of the day was spent quilting a wall hanging and doing some more unpicking of the quilt that I mucked up when the machine wasn't working properly.
It is nice to be able to do my top stitching again.  I finished one quilt on the weekend and will be loading another soon.  I want to do a little bit of work on getting the table a bit more level.  The machine rolls in one direction when not in use so it is obvious the base isn't level.
A lady on the hearts to hands quilt group asked us for suggestion for different items she could use as planters.  She wants to do a fairy garden.  Some of the ideas she was given were: old boots, tricycle with missing wheel with flowers in a basket or in a wagon being pulled behind, pots, tea kettle, old TV or PC monitor, baby pool or wire baskets.  She is a wonderful gardener so I am interested in seeing what she decides.  Yes, I know this might seem to be an odd subject for a quilt group but we tend to be more like a bunch of quilters meeting in a house and chatting about whatever happens to be on a persons mind.  All quilting topics are dealt with but so are many other subjects.  Some may find that off putting but I find it very friendly.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment