Thursday, April 21, 2016

Life is Good

There is something very special about getting together with someone who has known you a long time.  Carol and I have been friends for over 40 years and she has seen me at my worst and helped me survive my difficult years.  I am pleased that she is now able to see me enjoying a wonderful life with an even more wonderful husband.  We aren't able to get together often-a few times a year but it is always special when we do.
Today, we met for lunch and chatted about this, that and nothing for about an hour before returning to our respective homes.  I came back feeling more rested than I have for a number of weeks.
I have another friend who I have known for a few years longer than Carol.  I don't see her very often either although we do talk on the phone regularly.  She is another person who has been there for me.
I am very fortunate in my friends and many of them have been part of my life for decades.  I also have newer ones like those I have made since moving here to the back woods.  I know they will continue to be important to me for many years no matter if we all stay in the same area or not.
Hubby continues to get better by leaps and bounds-not literally but certainly figuratively.  He filtered and bottled our maple syrup today while I was out.  After I got home, he had his first shower since the operation. 
So, life is good.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely blessed having good friends. Good to hear Hubby is rebounding back so quickly.

    ReplyDelete