Thursday, January 21, 2016

Nature

The store where I sell my products called this morning to say my crib quilt went to a new home yesterday and one of my other items was almost sold out.  So, I got busy in my studio. I have a crib quilt that was almost finished so I got the other stuff made.  While I was working on this, hubby called me to come and bring the camera.


There was a pair of pileated woodpeckers doing their best to destroy this old tree stump in our front yard.  I was able to get a photo of this one but the other kept ducking around the other side of the tree.  These birds are huge and very prehistoric in appearance with their small heads and large bodies.
We had quite a few birds around the house today.  Redpolls, chickadees and sparrows were all over the feeders and another woodpecker-the redheaded- managed to keep control of the peanut feeder.  The blue jays could be heard in the bush but they only came once to the suet.
Tomorrow, I finish the crib quilt.  Unless there is more interesting things going on outside.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment