Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Daily Accomplishment

It didn't take me long to get behind on my 365 blocks-or to get caught up again.  Just in case you haven't heard about this block of the day (that is right, every day!) challenge, the idea is just how it sounds.  Every morning for a year, subscribers will receive a block pattern in their In Box (or on Facebook if they prefer).  The challenge is to make those blocks each day. 
I had a number of other projects I wanted to get finished at the beginning of the year so I made the first 4 and then did my other work.  Yesterday, I started putting together those that I had missed.  I thought I was finished today but found I had overlooked one so will do that with tomorrow's block.
From Jan. 1st until March, the blocks are 3.5 inches square, unfinished.  That is a lot of tiny pieces.  Once you get used to working with them, though, it isn't difficult.
A lot of quilter's are finding that making this daily block is helping them get more accomplished.  They discover that after they have spent the few minutes completing the daily block they reach for another project and keep sewing.  As I spend a good part of most days in my studio, I don't need the incentive but it does work as a good excuse to avoid doing something you don't want to do.  "Sorry, I can do the dishes, I have to get at my block of the day."
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment