Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sticktoitness

My sister recently took up crocheting and this phone case is her first project.  I think she has done a great job; even stiches, good tension.  Helen was in the very beginning stages during her visit a few weeks ago and would get a bit done, tear it out and start over.  She did this numerous times until she felt she was mastering the technique.
My family tends to be like this.  We do not give up or in easily.  This trait comes from our mother who stuck it out and rose above many circumstances that would have defeated those less determined.
I confess there are times when I wished that I were able to just give in but, like my mother and siblings, I can't do it.  I am sure my sister will be turning out more intricate articles very soon.
I finished decorating my trees today and started getting the nativities set up.  I have also finished the last section of the foundation pieced top and can start sewing them into blocks.  Well, I would be able to if I hadn't decided I need to redo one section.  Shouldn't take too long though.  I hope.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment