Friday, December 4, 2015

Parades and Tree Lighting

I have spent most of the day ironing.  The village  Christmas parade is tomorrow and our church has a float entered.  A couple of the ladies made fantastic costumes a couple of years ago and they all had to be pressed.  It was a long and tiring job but I was glad to be able to do something to help.  I originated the idea of a float about 5 years ago and did all the organizing.  It was a relief when this (younger) family took over.  They are very creative and detail orientated so our entry has got up a lot in presentation.
We also had our community tree lighting at the park this evening.  Hubby and I go to this each year and enjoy singing carols and watching the children.  There hadn't been a lighting celebration for many years and when I was on the Economic Development Committee, it was something I suggested.  I am thrilled to see that it has become a tradition again.
I haven't done any quilting today other that unstitch one of the sections of the paper piece quilt.  I didn't like how it looked so am redoing that bit.
We still don't have any snow and it looks as though we won't for a while.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment