This is one of the quilts I had been working on. the first photo (which is just noticed is upside down) is a close up so you can see what I did with the sashing. The second, which also appears to be upside down, shows the whole quilt. This one was fun to make as I loved the colours. The binding is in two sections. The yellow is a folded strip that was sewn on first and then the back binding added. If you look at the bottom of the second photo, you can see what I mean as I bent the yellow over the black.
I used the grey background fabric for the backing.
I got the last of my Christmas shopping done today so, other than a bit more baking and setting up nativity scenes, I am finished.