Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Shopping. UGH!

Is there anything more tiring and unrewarding than grocery shopping?  You have to go through the pantry to determine what is needed, make your list, drive to the next community, shop, get everything on the checkout counter making sure to put all the perishables together so they can be packed first and watch to make sure the clerk puts them in the provided freezer bags.  You have to keep an eye on the  till display in case an item you thought was on sale isn't, while loading your cart with the filled bags.  Hand over the club card, pay for your purchases, load everything in the car, return the cart to its proper location and drive home. 
You want nothing more than to have a cup of tea and something to eat as you didn't stop for lunch but those groceries have to be put away.  Everything is finally finished and you hear the dreaded words "what's for supper'.  Ugh!   I have cook this stuff, too?  Fortunately, my dear one is happy with the half prized salad kit and some home made burgers.
I know I am fortunate to be able to afford groceries and have a vehicle to get to the store and back but shopping is one of my least favourite chores.  I invariably have a problem.  Once it was a clerk who put all the perishables in regular bags and the dish liquid etc in the freezer bags.  I had been talking to a friend and not paying attention.  When I unpacked at home, it was to discover that my ice cream had returned to it original form.  I phoned the office but their suggestion of returning the item didn't help when it involved an hour round trip.
I had another clerk today who wasn't happy with her job and she tried to put toilet cleaner in with fresh produce and then, despite the fact I had enough bags to do everyone in the store, she just put a number of items on the counter for me to load into the cart.  I placed them all in a couple of bags and silently hoped that the rest of her day went better.
I am now enjoying my tea and watching the birds flitter around the feeders.  I am sure they are a bit confused as to what season it is.  We have plus 10C today.  Last year at this time we were knee deep in snow.
Shopping is finished for at least a couple of weeks and I know what I am serving for supper so my world is, once again, rotating smoothly on its axis.
Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment