Thursday, October 16, 2014

Victoria's Quilts

I really don't have a lot to tell you today.  I baked as is my usual habit on Thursday and that took most of the day. 
The one little bit of news is about an organization in which I have become interested.  I've mentioned recently that I have been looking for something to do with my quilts beside packing them in a cupboard.  Ideally, I wanted to find an organization that could use them.  One of the ladies in our quilt group mentioned Victoria's Quilts so I did an internet search and liked what I saw.  They provide cuddle quilts to male, female and children cancer patients.  I have contacted them about starting a chapter in this area as I would like to support local people.  I am now waiting to hear from the volunteer coordinator.
When I get a bit more information, I will let area quilter's know about the chapter and the specifics of the quilts that will be needed.  The organization requires them to be backed with flannel which will be lovely and cozy.  I don't usually use that fabric so will have to start watching the sales.  I find that if you don't get good quality, it frays badly.
I will pass on whatever information I get in case you are interested in either supporting or starting a chapter in your area.

Tomorrow I will be sharing another quilting story for Fiction Friday.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment